Friday, April 5, 2013

A to Z: Enmity


We were driving home from the store — way past lunch time, if you know what I mean. The kids were hungry, and they rarely deal well with that. My daughter started to tease my older son about his younger brother growing up to be taller than him. She gets ornery...  He gets fussy. Not a good combination, but we deal with it.

I was driving, so I listened to the argument in the back seat for a couple of minutes just to see if they would work it out.

"The youngest one is always the tallest. Mom said so."

"No they're not! Stop saying that!"

It went on like that for a while. Clearly they weren't going to work it out on their own. I stepped in. "I said, 'sometimes,' sweetie. 'Sometimes the youngest is the tallest.'"

My son must have spied some kind of hope in the words. Adamantly, he informed his sister, "This is NOT a sometimes family!"

2 comments:

  1. I really got a chuckle out of that last link - quite a stepping stone! Enjoy your A to Z journey!
    Jess / Blogging on the Brink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the mouth of babes...good one! You shared your story eloquently... Happy A to Z!


    MakingtheWriteConnections

    ReplyDelete