Sunday, August 18, 2013

Spotlight: Rachel Van Dyken

Today's spotlight is on Rachel Van Dyken, the author of the Seaside series, the London Fairy Tales series, the Wallflower trilogy (co-authored with me), the Renwick House books, and several other widely-read titles.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Rachel has a recent release (August 12, 2013) entitled Ruin, which she wrote for her uncle who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. All proceeds for the first two weeks of sales from Ruin will be going to help out with his medical bills. That alone is an excellent reason to check this book out.

BUT...

If you needed another reason to induce you, I have read Ruin and can tell you it is one of her best books to date, so it is well worth both your time and the minimal amount it will take to make this book yours!

We want to help out Rachel's uncle as much as possible, so to that end I am going to post the buy links for Ruin here, and then ask you to Tweet, FB, and spread the word as much as possible. To thank you for all that helpfulness, I have two signed uncorrected proof paperbacks of Ruin to give away.

In order to be eligible for the drawing for one of these two books, just leave me a comment below letting me know you shared the links (and an email where I can reach you if your name is drawn).

Here are the details about Ruin:



FROM THE COVER:

I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that the shroud of depression has become my only comfort. Ignorant, I was content in the darkness… until Wes Michels offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally, that every second that ticked pass was one closer to the end of something that was starting to mean the end of myself.  He tried to warn me and promised me what he was able to offer, each moment as it came, but it would never be enough.

Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.  And when you think it's the end, the final curtain, sometimes that’s only the beginning.  Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't… I wouldn't ever be the same. And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.

BUY LINKS:

Amazon              Barnes & Noble                Smashwords

Also available in the iTunes store!


REMEMBER: If you are interested in entering the drawing for one of two signed paperback copies of Ruin (uncorrected proofs), just leave a comment below to let me know you shared the buy links. I'll draw for the two recipients on Monday, August 27th.





No comments:

Post a Comment