Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Black Friday

I'm not much of a shopper, especially not on Black Friday. I tried it once. Got up early. Waited in a line. When the doors opened, I went to the toy section to find one of fifteen Little People airports for $15. By the time I got there, they were all gone.

Yeah.

I don't like getting up early in the first place, so the fact that I went through all that for nothing -- well, let's just say, that was the last time I did that. That was in 2001.

So, why am I writing about a day I have been boycotting for the last ten years?

*insert giant cheese-eating grin here*

My book comes out that day! Just got my cover art proof today. And even though I rarely exhibit physical evidence of excitement, I'm doing a little happy dance right now. And I don't mind saying, Hooray for Black Friday!

The Parting Gift by Rachel Van Dyken and Leah Sanders * Astraea Press

No comments:

Post a Comment