Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tag I'm It!


I've been tagged! Amazing author April W Gardner challenged me to:

1. Go to page 77 of my manuscript.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy the next 7 lines/paragraphs.
4. Tag 7 other writers to do the same.

All We See or Seem page 77, line 7, 7 paragraphs:

Aaron fought the impulse to smile in recognition of his effect on the doctor. “Stems,” he repeated. “As in stem cells?”

“Precisely.”

It was difficult to tame his desire to continue in the adolescent vein by pressing the issue, and though he suppressed the urge to say it, he was still thinking, So, clones. Since the doctor was already visibly agitated, playing it safe seemed the better option.

Getting straight answers from this man was going to take some doing. Most of what Dr. Admatha had said sounded like a commercial for EROMI. And very little of it offered any more than what Aaron had already discovered through his own research. These doctors were well versed in how to paint the magnificent abstract masterpiece without any details whatsoever.

“Tell me about the stems, Dr. Admatha. Do they know?”

“No. They know only the reality we have built for them. They are content enough and, compared to most of the rest of the world, they live comfortable, healthy, and fulfilling lives. Part of your job is to keep it that way.

“Major, they are genetically engineered facsimiles. They are human-like only because their DNA is copied from humans. The stems themselves are soulless creatures. They exist only by my design and for my purpose.

My seven tags:
Lori Lapekes
Lisa Orchard
Iris Blobel
Rachel Van Dyken
Nancy Brandt
Lindsay Downs
Meg Mims

Be sure to leave me your link so I can read your excerpts too. :)

4 comments:

  1. I like your excerpt! And thanks for tagging me ... I thought only my girls do that, tagging who's gotta take the rubbish out :-) This is much better.

    Anyway .... my link is http://iris-b.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/tag-im-it.html ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How intriguing! Very cool. Thanks for tagging me. Looks like I tagged Rachel, too. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Here's my link! http://www.lisaorchard.com/ This was a great idea! Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, intriguing! Great last line. I sense someone playing God--always potential for great conflict! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete